Who may be interested to do a CS PhD at Internet of Things Lab of QMUL with Stefan Poslad, Associated Professor, websites:
Internet of Things (IoT), Ubiquitous Computing or Pervasive Computing: Smart Devices, Environments and Interaction (SmartDEI – search for the book and company) between services, devices (low power computing, M2M, Semantic Web, Distributed AI), people (personalization, social networking), the physical environment (spatial- awareness, physical world sensing and context-awareness, pervasive games), and IoT security and privacy.
In terms of research topics, he is interested in:
- Electronics for IoT, including building new smart devices based upon micro-controller cores, low-power computing and communication, energy harvesting, Battery less sensing, etc.
- Security for low-resource IoT devices, wearables, M2M, including access control, cryptography and secure communication protocols, Blockchain.
- User-centered privacy protection, e.g., against spatial-temporal tracking, smart environment sensing, etc.
- Security and privacy in fog/edge computing
- Mobility profiling using hybrid sensor data (Indoor Positioning/Navigation; LPWAN GPS-free outdoor positioning)
- Seamless indoor and outdoor map systems and location-based services
- Big data processing of mobility data (GIS/RS)
- Citizen science and sensing: health, road vehicles, air and water quality; sensing in harsh environments, smart agriculture, Internet of Green things.
- Smart transport, smart home, smart health, smart utilities, etc. Activity during Daily Life recognition using sensors
“If a student has a different idea. I am also open to hear about this.”
欢迎有相关研究经历与兴趣的同学邮件咨询Dr. Stefan: email@example.com